Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pinterest Fail

     Ok, so not everything I attempt to make from Pinterest turns out the first time. I saw this yummy recipe on Pinterest for Crispy Cheese Pulled Pork Tacos with Sesame Slaw. It looked delicious! I had to try it.
     However, I had two problems. First, I put my pork roast in the crockpot in the morning on low, so it would be nice and tender. Well, my outlet tripped at some point during the day, so when I went to check the meat later it was lukewarm and not done. There was not much time left before dinner so I put some of the meat in the food processor and then cooked it in a pan just to make sure it was done. It was like an applesauce consistency. Gross!!!! I would also not recommend using generic cheddar cheese. I usually do not buy store brand cheese because I thought it would not taste as good as what I usually use. I was right. I was trying to be thrifty, so I gave it a try I wholeheartedly believe that is why my cheese shells turned out horribly. I didn't even attempt to make the slaw after those two flops.
Now, I didn't want to completely give up on this yummy dish, so the next night I gave it another whirl.   I finished cooking the remaining meat in the crockpot the night of the first flop.  I picked up some good old Kraft shredded cheddar. My shells turned out perfectly. I made the slaw, and everything turned out amazing. I'm so glad I gave it another shot.


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had better luck on the second try! Next time Dustin talks about how cheese is just cheese I'll tell him about this, lol :D

    ReplyDelete